Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Hard Work Pays-off... Medalist at Soule Park













This was a very satisfying victory in many ways.  I got my breakthrough VCJGA win, but most satisfying was the fact that I did it against the largest and deepest VCJGA girls field to date.  Looking at my stats for the round it wasn't hard for me to see just how far my short-game has come in the past five months thanks to a TON of dedicated hard work.  I had 17 ONE-PUTT greens through 36-holes that included 7-birdies and 10-UP and DOWN pars. 

Last year my instructor kept telling me that my ball-striking and irons would improve along with my short game because I would be "more relaxed" and calm over the ball on my approach shots into greens.  This weekend I was really in-touch with that confidence for the first time in a competitive round and I really LOVED-IT!!

Along with my victory came an AJGA exemption which I am planning to put to use in August at the Junior Robinson Ranch Tournmanet. Be sure to check out my schedule for updates and keep checking back here as I will be posting more when school gets out for summer and my tournament schedule heats-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment