Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mickey Mouse Finish-


Shot 76 on Saturday so that when I started my final round at the VCJGA Disney Store Winter Classic on Sunday I was 5-shots off the lead.  Played the front nine in 1-under par and was 2-under par walking off of the 15th green which (I didn't know at the time) put me three shots up on the first round leader.  From there I went bogie, par, bogie and she went par, par, birdie to force a play-off.  It was dark, cold and windy when we stepped onto the tee of the only hole on the entire course I bogied both days.  So my best back-to-back competitive rounds to date (148-total) took me home the 2nd Place hardware. 

I was really frustrated over the whole thing most of Sunday evening and Monday morning... but I've put it to rest now that it's Tuesday night and I'm ready to solve the riddle of closing out an under par competitive round. Sunday was the third time in a competitive round that I've carried a sub-par score off of the 14th or 15th tee and couldn't close with an under par posting.  That's is what has been driving me crazy most of all.

My dad said "just keep putting yourself in that position and before you know it you will get comfortable closing it out".  Good motivation to keep "going-low" early.  Mickey is cute though, don't you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment