Thursday, August 30, 2012

Courage to Change...



I've heard about Tiger's swing changes and coach changes but never really thought much about it... Until recently!  

Here's why...   about 3-months ago I took a critical look at the current status of "my golf swing" with help from my parents, a couple respected golf coaches and an amazing instructor at our local GolfTEC by the name of Ian Langford.  We all agreed I had some fundamental issues in my swing that I needed to correct if I wanted to achieve my golf related goals!
  
After a lot of discussions, opinions and some tears, I made the decision to do whatever it takes to rebuild my swing from the ground-up.  In making this decision my biggest fear was knowing my swing would get worse and more inconsistent before it got better.  The idea of tournament play while doing this really freaked me out!  I couldn't even imagine doing it... and that's what got me to thinking about Tiger trying to win major championships while making a swing change.

The work on my swing continues, but I'm happy to say there have been more good times than bad during the process.  Bottom line: my game has grown and so has my respect for what it takes to be TW!

No comments:

Post a Comment