Saturday, January 14, 2012

Reflecting Back, Moving-on...

I took a break and lightened up on golf after the 2011 high school season.  I enjoyed the holidays and took some time to reflect on the season and the year.  On the positive side it was satisfying to see my index decline from the mid-9's at the beginning of 2011 to my current 1.6.  Looking forward, I know it will take some serious work to find the last few strokes that will put me at scratch but I'm ready to get started again.

The high school season was a blast this year!  Our team was so tight we were more like a family which made going undefeated in league and winning the Tri-Valley League title even sweeter.  Individual post-season CIF competition was also an amazing experience.  In 2010 I didn't advance past CIF regionals, but this year I advanced from regionals to southern section finals and then from there to the WSCGA southern California championships.  It's been a real boost for my confidence and a big motiviation to keep working hard now that I have played with the top players in the state and held my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment