Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Breakthrough Week-

We had two league matches this week and won them both.  It was a good start to league play and repeating as champions.  Our team is looking strong and we were all very excited to get league play started.

I told my dad Tuesday morning I was planning on "going-deep" in my match this afternoon and sure enough I was able to back it up with a two under par 34. I even had birdie putts lip-out on 8 and 9.  Looking back on that round I was most proud of my "par-save" on 7 when I put a gap-wedge from 80-yards within four feet of the hole to set-up a par saving putt after hitting my tee-shot into the dry-creek-bed that splits the fariway.

This was my first competitive round posted under par and it felt great.  Of course, by the time I got home Tuesday night I was already starting to think about Thursday's match and how to back-up my round with another quality round.

I shot 1-under 35 in Thursday's match and even though the score wasn't better I felt like my round was more consistent.  I was 3-under after 4-holes on Tuesday, but on Thursday's round I put-up 5-straight pars and a birdie before I bogied number 7 and birdied number 8. 

Following a summer of hard-work and some disapointing tournament results it felt really satisfying to put up 18-holes of competitive golf in 3-under par. 

It's been a long journey since I started making major changes to my swing this past January.  It feels SOOOO good to have that confident feeling about my game again.

No comments:

Post a Comment